- This event has passed.
1st Annual UK Maternal Mental Health Alliance Conference: Intergenerational Mental Health-keeping parents and babies in mind in perinatal mental health work
13th September 2017 @ 9:00 am - 5:30 pmFree - £250
1st Annual UK Maternal Mental Health Alliance Conference
Intergenerational Mental Health: keeping parents and babies in mind in perinatal mental health work
Wednesday 13th September 2017
Imperial College, London
This conference brings together frontline practitioners, service users and academics to explore mental health from one generation to the next, and how whole-family approaches can benefit the wellbeing of all family members. Tickets available here.
We will be exploring the need to intervene early, tackle stigma, and to break the intergenerational cycle of mental health problems.
- Sheila Redfern, Consultant Clinical Psychologist and Head of Clinical Services, Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families
- Louise Howard, Professor of Women’s Mental Health, King’s College London & Consultant Perinatal Psychiatrist
- Claudia Buss, Professor of Medical Psychology, Charité University Medicine Berlin
- Mark Hanson, Professor and Director of the Institute of Developmental Sciences, University of Southampton
- Carmine Pariante, Professor of Biological Psychiatry, King’s College London & Consultant Perinatal Psychiatrist
We welcome posters showing innovative research and/or practice related to the perinatal period.
If you are interested in displaying a poster at the conference, please register a space by contacting Jo on email@example.com with the following information:
- title of your practice development or research project
- the organisation(s) involved
- confirmation that at least one member of your team has booked a place at the conference and will be able to promote it
The Maternal Mental Health Alliance announces the first perinatal mental health awards. These inaugural awards will recognise best practice and innovation and celebrate excellence and achievement.
Do you know a project which deserves to be recognised? Nominate it here.
The categories are:
- Education and training
- Peer support
- Partner involvement
- Big Lottery intergenerational service
Deadline: 31 July 2017.
The Conference’s Scientific Committee is chaired by Dr Alain Gregoire, Chair of the Maternal Mental Health Alliance and Clare Dolman, Vice-Chair of the Maternal Mental Health Alliance. The Organising Committee is chaired by Dr Camilla Rosan, Programme Lead for Families, Children & Young People at the Mental Health Foundation.
Join us in London in September for a stimulating event, the first of its kind in the UK.
For more info, contact details and to buy tickets visit our Eventbrite page.
DATE & TIME
Wed, 13 September 2017, 9:00 – 19:00 GMT
Sir Alexander Fleming Building Foyer and Lecture Theatre
Imperial College London
South Kensington Campus
- Representative of an MMHA member organisation: FREE (total tickets: 90)
- Clinician and medical professionals: £100 (total tickets: 50)
- Other healthcare professionals and members of the public: £50 (total tickets: 80)
- Exhibitor (including 1 delegate place): £200 (total tickets: 30)
- To register, go to: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/1st-annual-uk-maternal-mental-health-alliance-conference-tickets-33922169121
Funded by the National Lottery through the Big Lottery Fund