The Maternal Mental Health Alliance (MMHA) is a charity and coalition of UK organisations with a vision to see all women across the UK get consistent, accessible and quality care and support for their mental health during pregnancy and in the year after giving birth.
Maternal Mental Health
More than one in ten women develop a mental illness during this time and if untreated these illnesses can have a devastating impact on women and their families.
Help and support
If you or someone you know is affected by perinatal mental illness and you are looking for help, please visit our information about support services.
Everyone who comes into contact with women during pregnancy and their baby’s first year can help tackle perinatal mental illness.
1. Campaign for better services for women with perinatal mental health problems
2. Download tools and resources if you work with women in the perinatal period
3. Become a member or supporter
4. Join the conversation on Twitter and Instagram
5. Donate to help the MMHA continue our work