The Mums and Babies in Mind team is working in four localities to provide bespoke advice and support to help local leaders drive forward progress in improving their perinatal mental health care pathway and services.
In addition, our MABIM Leaders’ Programme brings together leaders from across the sites to learn together and support each other.
Who is the MABIM Leaders’ Programme for?
Local leaders are senior people from commissioner and provider organisations who are well placed to drive forward change to improve perinatal mental health services and see this as their role. This might include maternity, mental health, public health and children’s commissioners, psychiatrists, psychologists, therapists, nurses, midwives, health visitors, social workers, early years workers, and those from the voluntary and community sector.
What does the Programme include?
The Leaders Programme includes seven masterclasses on different topics which are relevant to local leaders such as how to set up a specialist perinatal mental health service or how to involve people with lived experience. The masterclasses aim to enable local leaders to:
- Share learning: celebrate successes and explore challenges involved in improving perinatal mental health services;
- Develop supportive networks: build relationships which enable them to support each other;
- Learn together: develop their understanding of research and good practice relating to perinatal mental health;
- Build enthusiasm: be inspired and motivated to drive forward this work;
- Develop solutions: cross-pollinate ideas and deepen discussions to find new solutions.
Communications between leaders can be further facilitated through the MABIM forum which can be found on the Maternal Mental Health network. Monthly discussion topics will be posted by the team but everyone is free to post questions and asks of the wider group.
Masterclass Top Tips reports
The Top Tips reports, which contain the learnings from each masterclass in the Leaders’ Programme, are available to download here. If you would like to be notified when the masterclass reports are published please subscribe to the MABIM blog.
GET IN TOUCH
Phone: 020 7803 1141