Looking for information about Maternal Mental Health Awareness Week 2024?
Visit our Maternal Mental Health Awareness Week page.
When is Maternal Mental Health Awareness Week 2023?
Monday 1 – Sunday 7 May 2023
What is Maternal Mental Health Awareness Week?
Maternal Mental Health Awareness Week is a week-long campaign dedicated to talking about mental health problems before, during and after pregnancy.
The week is all about:
- raising public and professional awareness of perinatal mental health problems
- advocating for women and families impacted by it
- changing attitudes
- helping people access the information, care and support they need to recover.
Who is it organised by?
The week is organised and led by MMHA member the Perinatal Mental Health Partnership UK (PMHP UK), who launched the first-ever UK Maternal Mental Health Awareness Week nearly a decade ago in 2014.
PMHP UK is a small group of individuals, including parents with lived experience and clinicians, who came together to raise awareness of maternal mental health.
What is this year’s theme?
The overall theme of Maternal Mental Health Awareness Week 2023 is 'Together in a changing world'. The daily themes are as follows:
Monday - Starting the conversation about perinatal mental health
Tuesday - Shining the spotlight on support
Wednesday - World Maternal Mental Health Day #StrongerTogether
Thursday - Healthcare professionals hub to support healing
Friday - Perinatal positivity pot
Saturday - Support for all families
Sunday - Recap and reflect
- Join the conversation by using #MMHAW23, #TogetherInAChangingWorld and #maternalMHmatters.
- For ideas and resources, visit PMHP UK's website.